viernes, 20 de marzo de 2020

Week 25: March 18th, 2020- Resuming our class after the coronavirus attack

- Dear students, last Wednesday some of you connected over a videoconference using a link I sent you five minutes prior to the class.     
- Although it is not like face to face interaction, I think it more or less worked well. I particularly like the chat part to be able to use it as a kind of blackboard. Each session is theoretically 40 minutes long but we can probably have three in a row or one long one if the system allows it again.
- Last Wednesday we had a little warm up about the reading you had done on nuclear energy. This could have been recorded and sent to me, you can still do so.
- We then shared the proposals Bill Gates had in his 2015 TED Talk and extracted some interesting vocabulary from it.
- We plunged into coronavirus language with Alanna Shaikh's recent TED Talk, for which we answered the questions I had given you in the last entry.
- We revised Stress and Intonation in English. The most interesting idea is that English is a stressed, not syllabic language.
- We then practised the pronunciation of contracted 've with a BBC site.
- I also showed you an extraordinary part of the BBC site, News Review, in which they do as I always tell you to do: pick up some words for vocabulary adoption. In the one we did they picked up: unprecedented, bouncing back and soar.

Homework:
- We're reorganising our presentation schedule, decide if you want to prepare a short presentation for the rest of the class and let me know. I'm also ready to give you a hand if you need it.
- Have a look at the videos below and organise information about these extraordinary animals. You can send it to me in a recording for me to give you feedback on the speaking production but it will be the topic of next class's warm-up:

Thank you so much for your wonderful attitude and see you next Wednesday!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario